Cape Cod is a splendid area to visit, and that splendor is on full display in the fall. Our cozy hotel in North Truro is just minutes from Provincetown, and sits on a private beach on Cape Cod Bay. Our home in Massachusetts is often seen as a summer getaway, but as Todd Plummer writes, “the Cape doesn’t have less to offer in the off-season—it has just as much, even more.” With fewer crowds (read: less traffic) and pleasant weather, it’s hard to go wrong this time of year.
Taking a long weekend is your “self love” reward when post-summer blues get you down
Sandbars Inn is located in North Truro, minutes from Provincetown, meaning that no matter how you choose to treat yourself we have an option for you. Whether you’d like to cozy up in some warm layers with a book on your bayfront patio, or if you’d prefer exploring Ptown and dancing the night away, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are some great reasons to enjoy Cape Cod in the fall
- Visit a local brewery! We happen to recommend Provincetown Brewing Co., a taproom with delicious food options and even better beer. Menu items range from avocado toast to a brewery-themed salad (???), ensuring that regardless of your taste, you’ll find something scrumptious here. Their beers also appeal to a wide variety of drinkers, from the die-hard beer lovers to those who don’t really like it at all. For example, one of their current beers is called “The Bearded Mistress”, which they describe as a traditional, smooth IPA.
- If beer isn’t your thing at all, give wine a try at Truro Vineyards! Well known in the area for their beautiful location and delicious wines, this local favorite is well worth the visit. They’re open daily and have frequent tastings, so while we recommend calling ahead it’s a pretty safe bet that you’ll stumble into something amazing no matter when you go. Their range of delicious wines are available for purchase, like their Chardonnay. Just read this description — “toasted oak aromas and layers of ripe apple and vanilla. The finish is long and warm with hints of citrus”. This year, Truro Vineyards will be hosting their first annual Harvest Festival with food, vendors art and music on October 26th…you won’t want to miss this!
- Speaking of festivals, the well-loved Wellfleet OysterFest is back again this year for more fun times! This festival, put on by the Wellfleet Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc (a non-profit founded in 2002), is a celebration of the seafood and shellfish industry on Cape Cod. From October 19 at 10 am until October 20 at 5pm, be prepared to enjoy incredible food and local art, music and activities. We can’t forget to mention that this event is putting the green back into fall! Very little to no plastic will be used at this festival, and all vendors will be using compostable paper goods. They encourage all guests to bring reusable (non-glass) water bottles to the grounds. Tickets are only $10 per day, and parking is abundant in the area! We hope to see you there.
- Pumpkin Picking is a fall staple no matter where you’re from. Our local farm, Longnook Meadow Farm, is well-known in the area for their selection of unique and unusual produce, including giant pumpkins! Peter and Dilys Staaterman run the farm, and they’re definitely committed to it–they’ve even won an agricultural fair for first prize pumpkin! If you’re interested in a more conventional pumpkin-picking experience, check out Tobey Farm. It’s about an hour away, but they do have pumpkin picking and other fall-y festivities.
- Local shops are amazing during this time! Don’t be afraid to explore North Truro and Ptown — you’re sure to find hidden treasures! For example, Chequessett Chocolate sells gorgeous and gourmet chocolate for your enjoyment, in a variety of mouth-watering flavors. Here are a few examples: dark chocolate with blueberry and ginger, white chocolate with lemon and thyme, and milk chocolate with coffee. They also sell chocolate barks, hot chocolate and more! This store is just one of many for you to discover.Any one of these is a great reason to visit Truro in autumn, but our favorite is Sandbars itself. Our wonderful inn is overflowing with charm during this season. The incredible general manager, Pattee, takes great pride in the maintenance of the hotel and the decor in fall is out-of-this-world adorable! Every detail is attended to and beyond expectations. From your room you can enjoy the waterfront views, and take full advantage of the functioning kitchen or kitchenette to cook or keep all of your autumnal delicacies from the local restaurants or festivals. And don’t forget, we’re pet-friendly! Just give us a call to book your room so we can ensure that a pet-friendly room is available for you. We look forward to seeing you soon.
About Beachtree Properties
Beachtree Properties specializes in personalized guest stays at several leisure vacation destinations across the United States, including Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Moloka’i, Hawaii, South Lake Tahoe, California, Marco Island, Florida and Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. The collection of inns and small hotels provides travelers unique experiences. Our management values local character, recognizes the individuality of each property and ensures well-appointed accommodations, quality amenities and friendly staff in convenient locations and relaxed atmospheres. For more information, please visit BeachtreeProperties.com.
443-577-0303 ext. 2152